|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)||Total|
|Up to £5,000||Upto £180||
Upto £400 plus VAT (£480)
|£5,001 – £10,000||£410||Up to £600 plus VAT(£720)||£1,330|
|£10,001 – £50,000||4.5% value of the claim||Up to £1,000 plus VAT (£1,200)||£1,750 to £3,450|
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
• If you are VAT registered, the VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
• Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
• The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
• The Court fee is based on issuing a claim via MoneyClaims Online (MCOL). On some occasions MCOL is not suitable. In those circumstances we will advise you on the Court Fee which may be slightly higher than issuing a claim via MCOL.
Our fee includes:
• Taking your instructions and reviewing a reasonable amount of documentation.
• Sending a letter before action
• Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
• Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgment in default
• When Judgment in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
• If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 12 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgment in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
* These costs are illustrative and the exact costs will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. However we will discuss our fees with you and keep you updated at all times.